Saturday 12 October 2013

Swirling Mist - Halloween Mani

Me again!

I'm on a roll today aren't I.

I love Halloween and I've been playing round with some ideas and looking for inspiration for manis that aren't the usual ghost/vamp/pumpkin type nail art.

As I was scrolling through my Instagram feed a few weeks ago I came across a stunning mani that I knew I had to try and recreate. This doesn't happen very often as I prefer to try to come up with my own designs, rather than out-and-out copying someone else's, but I fell in love instantly with this one by Chalkboardnails.

On a base of Sinful Colors Back to Black I used the acetone water colour method on Barry M Matte White to create the smoke effect. I'd never tried this method before so I used this tutorial on YouTube to see how to do it.

This is how my first attempt turned out. It reminds me of swirling mists or smoke.




 I love this so much and I'm so glad with how it turned out considering it was my first attempt! I can't wait to try the effect with different colour combinations.








No comments:

Post a Comment