Friday 4 October 2013

My First Mani for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Hola!

Some of you may already know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and this is my first mani in support of the cause.

I did a sponged gradient using OPI Steady as She Rose and Kiss Me on My Tulips. Rose is a soft, blush coloured creme that leans towards the more purple side of pink (if that makes sense). The formula isn't great, it tends to streak and if you work slowly gets quite chalky. On it's own you need 2 or 3 coats to get it even. Tulips is a bright fuchsia pink and is super easy to work with. I added 1 coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and topped with top coat. On the ring fingernail I topped with OPI I Lily Love You which is a sheer bright pink base with different coloured iridescent flakies.



This cause is one that is close to my heart because 2 and a half years ago I lost my wonderful mum, Trudy, to breast cancer. She was diagnosed in July 2010 and initially responded so well to the treatment that her doctors thought that she would be likely to make a full recovery. Unfortunately, the doctors didn't know that the cancer had already spread and she eventually lost her battle on 12th February 2011. I miss her every day.

This mani is in memory of my Mummy and all those who lost their battle too. And it is inspired by all of those brave women still fighting!!!!!

Trudy Purkiss
24.05.1959 to 12.02.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment