Sunday 6 October 2013

Autumn's Here

Hi Everyone,

I love the change of the seasons, especially when Autumn and Winter roll around. And after all of the neons and pastels of the Summer I was really looking forward to breaking out my darker colours.

I picked up a couple of nice polishes in the Sephora sale whilst on my holiday and couldn't wait to use them in my first autumnal mani.



The polishes are both Sephora by OPI. The purple is called Who's Spinning Tonight? It's a gorgeous deep plum creme with a subtle bright purple shimmer when the light catches it. Frankly I Don't Give A-dam is a very soft grey creme that I think is so feminine. This is 2 coats of both colours, plus top coat, and the formula was really easy to work with. 

I ran out of Essie Good to Go which is my "go to" top coat so I decided to give Seche Vite a try as so many people rave about it. In all honesty, I'm not in love. I haven't experienced the shrinking that some people get but I don't think it's as shiny as Essie, although it does dry just as quickly. I'll try it out on a few more manis and some glitters before I form a final opinion, but rest assured I'll post a review once I've made up my mind.

I'm also rocking a new nail shape! Due to my terrible neglect of my babies on holiday I got some pretty awful chips along the free edge. I couldn't bring myself to take them down to nubs again so I decided to keep as much length as I could and turn them into baby claws. I must admit I wasn't keen to start with but they're definitely growing on me, and it's always fun to try something new :)

No comments:

Post a Comment