Wednesday 14 August 2013

Seeing Stripes

Morning Everyone!

I'm so excited to share today's mani. I've been obsessing over this design after seeing it on the awe-inspiring @chorubim on Instagram. Her work is flawless and she is a huge source of inspiration to me, so go check her out.

So this is my recreation of her mani! I can't put my finger on why I love it so much but I do. I find it so chic and different and I can't stop staring at it lol.






So, I used Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Lychee for the base and the 2 nude nails. I then sponged on a gradient using Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Lychee and Watermelon from the same range. After letting that dry completely I applied striping tape on top of the gradient, increasing the space between each of the pieces of tape. I then painted 1 coat of OPI Matched Luggage over the tape. Matched Luggage is a gorgeous, off white jelly with the barest hint of pink to it. Then I removed the tape and applied top coat.

I hope you guys like this as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I can see why you couldn't wait to recreate it. Keep spreading the art! ~Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ana! You are too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete