Saturday 3 August 2013

Happy International Nail Art Day! - Taped Mani

My Born Pretty Store haul arrived a couple of weeks ago and as you can see I ordered a few different coloured tapes, a nail art wheel, a new double ended dotting tool and some clear and black stones in different sizes.




I've been wanting to try out a taped mani and seeing as today is the first International Nail Art Day I thought I'd give it a try.

I started off with 2 coats of OPI Matched Luggage which is a a pretty off white jelly with the barest hint of pink. It's fairly sheer so when I wear this one alone I like to do 3 coats.

Then I placed my tape. This step took a little while. It was harder than I thought it would be and at 1 point I had bits of tape everywhere lol. But I'm sure it'll get easier with practice.



Once I was happy with the tape placement I put drops of polish on to my nails and then squished (technical term lol) all of the drops together using a piece of cling film (saran wrap) placed over the nail.

When I was happy with the effect I removed the cling film and then removed the bits of tape. And this was the result:






I'm really quite pleased with how this turned out. It feels summery and fresh and I got to try out a new technique!

The colours used were Essie Turquoise and Caicos (my current fave colour), OPI Steady As She Rose and 2 from the Maybelline Colour Show range, Coral Craze and Cool Blue.

Let me know what you think of it, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment