Monday 12 August 2013

Barry M - Gelly Hi-Shine

Hola!

Last week I posted a pic of my latest little nail haul and I finally got around to swatching some of them.

I'm reviewing Guava and Watermelon from this range. Both are super pigmented and you could probably get away with 1 coat if you applied it carefully, although I did 2 as I get a little heavy handed and ended up with bald patches lol. The "Gelly" in the name refers more to the finish of the polish rather than the formula, as these polishes are more of a creme than a jelly. You definitely couldn't use them for layering or glitter sandwiches! They were super shiny even without top coat and dried really quickly.

This is 2 coats of Guava, with L'Oreal Confettis on top and 1 coat of Essie Good to Go top coat. It's a lovely aquamarine blue and I think it goes really well with the black and white polka dot effect of Confettis.



This is Watermelon from the range, it's a beautiful deep forest green and again went on really easily. I've wanted to do stone/marble nails for a while and thought this would be a great base. The finished design was maybe a little darker than I have hoped for but I'm in love with it! I used little balls of cling film (saran wrap) to apply the black and gold on top of 2 coats of watermelon. It was super hard to capture the colours of this mani.



As always, let me know what you think.

Coming up... Barry M ~Textured Nail Effect review.


No comments:

Post a Comment