Sunday 1 September 2013

Sky Blues Inspired - Dark & Geometric

The new football season started again a few weeks ago here in the UK and I'm a season ticket holder and avid supporter of Coventry City Football Club, also known as the Sky Blues.

We'll be going to lots of games so I thought it would be fun to do a series of match day nails that somehow feature the colour Sky Blue. And here is the first...


I started off with a base of Maybelline Color Show in Shocking Seas on my pointer and ring fingers and then added a coat of Sinful Colors in Hottie. I then created a triangle on the pointer and a "V" on the ring finger using striping tape. I then added 2 coats of Barry M Navy to all fingers and removed the tape. I added some small black rhinestones (purchased from Born Pretty Store) to the accent nails and topped with a coat of Essie Good to Go.

Shocking Seas leans to the chalky side but is fairly easy to work with. Hottie is a gorgeous light blue jelly with small hex pink and blue glitters and fine sparkles. It's so lovely. Barry M Navy is my go-to deep blue. Super easy to work with and such a stunning shade.

I loved this mani, it was so fun to do and I got so many compliments on it.

I'm really looking forward to coming up with ideas for this series, although I won't be posting any for a few weeks as we're off on holiday soon (woohoo!!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment